How to Participate
There are many ways to participate in the Go Big Read program:
- Events on themes related to the book will also be offered throughout the year. Visit the program's Events Calendar.
- If you would like plan your own event, please check out our Go Big Read Marketing Toolkit for repurposable images and templates. Also, don't forget to add your event to the Go Big Read Events Calendar.
- Michael Pollan presented an all campus and community lecture at the Kohl Center on Thursday, September 24th..
- A key component of the program will be the integration of the book into courses offered in departments across campus. Click here to see a list of participating courses.
- Join in on campus conversations about teaching the book and themes on the Teaching & Learning Excellence site. Note: Sign-in first on the site to see all content and join in on the conversation.
- Faculty and Instructors can apply for free copies of the book here for use in a Spring course. Note: Fall applications were due July 1.
- Book discussion groups will be offered in the libraries, dorms, other locations across campus, as well as in the community. Discussion group times can be found on the program Events Calendar.
- Book Discussion Toolkit
Blog and Social Networking:
- All are invited to participate in an online discussion about the book and themes presented in it. To read and comment, visit the program's Blog.
- Join the discussion and become a Fan of the Go Big Read Program on Facebook or follow us on Twitter using the hashtag #gobigread.
- Share a picture of you reading this year's book choice using Go Big Read Flickr.
Campus Community Recommended Readings :
- For a collection of readings recommended by members of the UW-Madison campus community, check out the Go Big Read RefWorks account.
- View the entire collection, or select View > Folder to choose a specific topic.
- Select records to Print, Export, or Create Bibliography in a style of your choice.
- Subscribe to the RSS feed of recently-added readings
- Submit a recommendation via our online form.
Stay tuned to this page and the Go Big Read Events Calendar for more opportunities to get involved throughout the academic year.
If you have any comments/questions please email us.