Suggest a Book
The ideal selection should have the following qualities:
- Be readable, relevant, engaging, and well-written
- Appeal to people with diverse backgrounds and experiences
- Encompass sufficient depth and scope to generate discussions from different points of view
- Be conducive to teaching and learning, and offer opportunities for integration into academic programs
- Lend itself to a variety of activities and programming
The ideal book might also have a subject or author with a Wisconsin connection, an author who may be able to visit campus, cross-disciplinary appeal, and promote the Wisconsin Experience by engaging “issues that matter.”
Planning is now under way for next year's common-reading program, which will focus on a theme suggested by Interim Chancellor David Ward: innovation.
The deadline to submit a title for consideration for the 2012-13 program is Friday, Feb. 3.